Heya loving people!
I'm posting this note to all of you, caring Artists and strangers, to introduce START as it has been spreading its sunshine, colors and love in the middle east.
START is a non-profit art education programme that allows young children with limited access to visual arts in the Middle East, to enjoy workshops with artists, designers and architects in their community.
START was launched by the Al Madad Foundation, The Prince's Drawing School and Art Dubai (formerly the DIFC/Gulf Art Fair) in March 2007 in Dubai.
START has worked in Dubai and Lebanon and one of START’s current endeavors is to launch in Jordan –due to the high percentage of refugees living in the country—and reach the huge number of children who will benefit from the joy of Art by educating them in a way that they can learn to express themselves and recognize their innate power to create. we believe that Art can be healing and empowering human lives .
Not only does START offer education to unprivileged children but also gives adults and art students opportunities to teach and mentor young people in the Middle East.
START's programmes facilitate:
1) Art education for children who are culturally or socio-economically disadvantaged.
2) Consultation with policy makers to promote art as a catalyst for educational, social and life-long change.
3) Arts education programmes for children in war zones and those children displaced by war.
4) Innovative partnerships between global entrepreneurs and gifted children without resources or opportunities.
START believes that ART is a global language and uses in the means to heal and empower the younger generation. Our belief in art and artists working without borders means that START can enable children to determine their own stories. Every child has the right to self-expression, to be heard and acknowledged either orally, in writing or through artistic expression.
You as an artist can be part of START by volunteering and inspiring the talented children in workshops.
you feel Inspired and want to help :
1) Visit our website,and read more (www.startworld.org )
2) Donate an ARTWORK (which allows START to fundraise)
3) Volunteer for START
4) Spread the word about our lovely programme
5) Sponsor one of START’s workshops to help giving those lovely children express and learn .
That’s all for now and thank you again for reading , for any inquires you can contact me on email@example.com or the Director of START (Sonia Brewin) on firstname.lastname@example.org or Dubai's programme coordinator Yasmeen Abu-ameer Yasmeen@startworld.rg.
Wishing all of you beautiful, colorful days.
Sending you peace,
Programme coordinator /representative