PROJEKATUHO SPLIT HRVATSKA - exhibition in Split, Croatia Projectear 16.07.2008
BASIC CONCEPT OF THE STORY: THE EAR
Once, an ear lost its head.
The entity was hopelessly lost behind.
There was a fried brain too.
The ear complained for the lost head in the problem of art.
The fried brain showed silver can.
The ear took it and a sparkle started to write: AISNPAIS.
Silence opened the perfect space, when letters started to talk….
Art is not a problem, art is a secret!
The ear was in the world of transitive territory which was the place of creation.
-Light! - The ear shouted – It rises from that side and it sets on this side!
- Correct! – The fried brain confirmed- and hair is occupied with growth and survives only through shaving!!!
The severed ear and fried brain smiled.
SHORT SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT:
• The project deals with problems of hyper-sensibility
• Feeling of anxiety, loneliness and human drama are expressed through the essential question of the project: Why did Van Gogh cut his own ear?
• Project consists of graphic messages and stories about meeting between “miserably severed entity” and “fried brain” which there represents the intellectual man of concept.
• Emphasis is on the marketing approach, promoting this unusual text in usual, every day way.
• Developing the attitude that art is the medium through which man changes himself and his personal world by pointing at utopia in society (video, communication through media, advertising)
• Playing with psychological symbols (ear, brain)
• Polling of casual and non-casual passer-bys is tidily documented and showed as an edited commercial story. This way, we have a range of pictures and different real portraits of this time, which are changing with short answers to the question.
• That way video work gives an answer to the functioning system of mass media culture, phenomenon and meaning of “characters from commercials”.