Benjamin David Scott-Pye's Page
- Relationship status
- College / University
- Chesterfield College of Art
- Program / Degree
- Foundation Diploma in Art & Design
- June 22, 1987
- Member type
- If you're an artist, what kind of art do you make?
- Conceptual, Drawing, Installation, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture, Video
- I am...
- I am an art student studying at Chesterfield College. I attended the same course at Leeds College of Art & Design 5 years ago and then also started a BA in Fine Art at Middlesex University but I wasn't really ready.
I'm really enjoying the course that I'm on and am trying to make the most of the facilities and build as many skills as possible.
- About my artwork
- It's quite early in my artistic journey to pinpoint anything specific about my work... More than anything I don't have the vocabulary to do it. I'll have a go anyway though.
I'm very interested in physical processes and the inconsistencies that come with these. To explore this I'm doing a lot of work that requires meticulously repeating marks or shapes by hand, whether it be through hatching, repeatedly drawing stars or circles. Recently I have started to introduce colour, mainly to see how those delicate marks will work against expressive coloured brush strokes.
At this stage I'm very much about learning the basics of as many processes as possible so that in the future I'll be free to confidently explore concepts in the direction's they take me with at least a minor degree of skill and crafting ability to back them up. Working across a variety of media is a great way of generating lots of ideas and discovering new avenues.
- Artists I like
- Toby Ziegler, Geoff Diego Litherland, William DeKooning, Anne Hardy, Takashi Murakami, Roy Litchenstein
- Animation, Badminton, Drawing, Animal Welfare and lots of other things...
Benjamin David Scott-Pye's Photos
Benjamin David Scott-Pye's Videos