Jairo Zaldua and Nicola Green's Page
- Relationship status
- in a relationship
- College / University
- University of Hertfordshire/ Roehampton Institute
- Program / Degree
- Fine art Printmaking / Ceramic art
- Member type
- If you're an artist, what kind of art do you make?
- Conceptual, Digital, Installation, Performance, Printmaking
- About my artwork
- Jairo and Nicola create imagery together through the mediums of print and three-dimensional art. Combining the appearance of the sculptural and the two-dimensional surface of the printed image. Observing the archaic qualities of neglected posters and derelict buildings where a sense of age and history has left its mark, they have assembled an ongoing exploration into themes that include old propaganda and billboard posters, typography, symbolism and German expressionist cinema. As old posters decay and the original meanings become irrelevant, they transfigure into something more suggestive. With the use of a blowtorch, acrylics, screenprinting and digital facilities, Jairo and Nicola seek to push this process further. From found objects (wood, scrap metal and old victorian doors) to site specific installation and interactive performance, they have embarked on work where layers reveal layers and a sense of age, time and texture are clearly present.
The collection of images presented on this profile are assembled from Nicola's family archives (of Eastern European descent) and have been transfigured into a series of mixed media prints which are to be featured in an installation titled 'My Childhoods Faith'. This wiil be exhibited at 'The Museum of Childhood' (Bethnal Green, London) as part of a group show opening on September 26th. These images are a combination of the etching overlayed with screenprinting. The initial layer of these prints was created by the use of corroded etching plates.
- Centre of the artworld:
- nowhere and everywhere
Jairo Zaldua and Nicola Green's Photos
Jairo Zaldua and Nicola Green's Videos