If you're an artist, what kind of art do you make?
EMIL BOBANOVIĆ ĆOLIĆ
Emil Bobanović Ćolić was born in Kuna (Croatia) in 1926. He attended high school in Krk island and graduated from the school of Applied Arts in the class of professor A. Kastelančić in Split.
He earned a university degree in painting in the class of Mladen Veža and literature in the class of dr. Marin Franičević at the School of Higher Learning in Zagreb.
He exhibited in Croatia, Italy, Germany, Poland, former USSR, France, South African Republic, Bulgaria and Austria.
He was awarded a Lorenzo il Magnifico medal at the International Biennale of Contemporary Art (Biennale internazionale dell’arte contemporanea) in Florence in 2001 and a diploma in the sculpture category.
He is member of HDLU Rijeka, HDLU Zagreb and A.I.A. Roma.
He lives and works between Kuna, Trstenik on peninsula Pelješac, Labin on Istria (Croatia), and Monza (Milan, Italy).
- 2009 Zagreb (Croatia), Gliptoteka HAZU gall. / curator: dr. I. Fisković
- Metković (Croatia), Matica Hrvatska gallery / curator: dr. A. Karaman
- 2008 Kuna/Pelješac (Croatia), “Kud MC Medović” gallery
- 2007 Dubrovnik (Croatia), Talir gallery / curator: Sonja Šeferović
- Korčula (Croatia), Maksimilijana Vanke gallery /curator: Jasna Rodin
- 2006 Trogir (Croatia), Town Museum of Trogir
- Punat (Croatia), Toš gallery / curator: Jasna Rodin
- Kaštela (Croatia), Vituri Palace
- 2005 Korčula (Croatia), Maksimilijana Vanke gallery
- Labin/Albona (Croatia), Town Gallery – retrospective exhibition / curator: B. Arh
- Florence (Italy), C.S. gallery / curator: Don Branko Zbutega
- 2004 Dubrovnik (Croatia), Klarisa gallery / curator: Dr. A. Karaman
- 2002 Ston, Ponikve/Pelješac (Croatia), Miloš art center
- Orebić/Pelješac, Claustrum of Monaster “Vele Gospe”
- Monza/Milano (Italy), Clinique Zucchi / curator: Ada Piacentini
- Milano (Italy), Eustachi gallery
- 2001 Korčula (Croatia), Town Museum of Korčula / curator: Zdravči Vihtelič
- 2000 Sinj (Croatia), Galijasević gallery
- Kuna/Pelješac (Croatia), “Omladinski klub”
- 1999 Labin/Albona, RE gallery / curator: Leda Aubert
- 1998 Orebić/Pelješac (Croatia), “Crkva Sv. Navještenja”
- Rijeka/Fiume (Croatia), Kortil gallery / curator: Ljubica Dujmović
- 1997 Labin/Albona (Croatia), Town Museum of Labin / curator: Tullio Vorano
- 1996 Kuna/Pelješac (Croatia), “Franjevački samostan", with Igor Gustini and Ivica Bavčević
- 1990 Dubrovnik (Croatia), Art Gallery Luža Centar
- 1989 Sarajevo (Bosnia & Herzegovina), Museum XIV ZOI / curator: Vlado Bužančić
- 1988 Aranđelovac (Serbia), Art Pavillon “Knjaz Miloš” / curator: Vlado Bužančić
- 1984 Rijeka/Fiume (Croatia), Jadroagent gallery / curator: Dr. Vanda Ekl
- 1983 Split (Croatia), Gallery Čular / curator: Ak. Dr. Cvito Fisković
- Poreč/Parenzo (Croatia), “Narodnog Sveučilišta” gallery / curator: Gorka Ostojić Cvajner
- Zagreb (Croatia), Spektar gallery / curator: Milan Bešlić and Vlado Bužančić
- Pula/Pola (Croatia), Art Salon “Fjif” / curator: Gorka Ostojić Cvajner
- 1981 Rijeka/Fiume (Croatia), Juraj Klović gallery / curator: Vlado Bužančić
- 1979 Banja Luka (Bosnia & Hrezegovina), “Dom kulture” / curator: Vanda Ekl
- 1978 Rovinj (Croatia), Town Museum of Rovinj / curator: Ak. Dr. Cvito Fisković
- Umag/Umago (Croatia), Town Museum of Umag
- Labin/Albona (Croatia), Town Museum of Labin / curator: Ak. Dr. Cvito Fisković
- 1977 Zagreb (Croatia), Spektar gallery / curator: Vlado Bužančić
- Krk/Veglia (Croatia), Old Town Palace / curator: Milan Zinajić
- 1975 Split (Croatia), Art Salon gallery / curator: Dr. Vanda Ekl
- 1974 Buzet/Pinguente (Croatia), Town Museum of Buzet
- Zagreb (Croatia), Salon HDLU Art Foundation, gallery Karas (Praška 4)
- 1973 Pula/Pola (Croatia), Art salon gallery
- Rijeka/Fiume (Croatia), “Salon doma JNA” gallery
- 1972 Dubrovnik (Croatia), “Galerija doma sindikata”
- 1962 Labin/Albona (Croatia), Town Museum of Labin
Emil Bobanović Ćolić is a painter, sculptor and graphic
What exhibitions are good at the moment?
* Emil Bobanović Ćolić, Duh djetinstva, Gallery KUD MC Medović, Kuna, peninsula of Pelješac, Croatia, 2008
* Emil Bobanović Ćolić, Retrospektive exhibition in the Gliptoteka HAZU / Gliptoteque HAZU Gallery, Zagreb, Croatia, 2009