Ekaterina Ermilkina's Page
- Relationship status
- College / University
- State Art and Industry Academy
- Program / Degree
- June 26, 1998
- Member type
- If you're an artist, what kind of art do you make?
- I am...
- I am focused on art all my life. It makes me optimistic, full of energy and happy. . I believe that paintings can reflect our desires for beauty, poetics and perfection.
I'm an artist, designer and a dreamer. I was born in Saratov, Russia into the family of winemakers. I grew up in beautiful city Yalta in Crimea on the north coast of the Black Sea. I started to paint when I was 4 years old during my first art class for the kids. When I was 17 years old I moved on to Saint-Petersburg, Russia where I got my Master's Degree of Art and Design. Saint Petersburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It's a living museum. There is a world-class art collection at the Hermitage Museum. The unique beauty and rich culture of the city helped me out to become an artist. Weather it is a dreamy white night, magical winter evening or early autumn in one of the city's outstanding suburban parks all that made me fill very happy. I met and worked with interesting people, artists and took part in exhibitions and contests. That was amazing time! At the end of 2005 I moved on to USA where I am living and painting now. My work has been presented in various solo and group exhibitions and has been collected by patrons throughout the United States, as well as international collectors from Canada, Germany, France and Russia.
- About my artwork
- I can describe my original oil abstract fine art paintings as a unique contemporary palette knife scratch style. The expressionistic magic skylines of big cities like Manhattan, Philadelphia, or Chicago are full with colorful skyscrapers. An urban day or night scenic view is rich with vivid and textured technique. Emotional architectural patchwork and mosaic cityscapes are full of positive energy.
- Artists I like
- Modigliani, Toulouse-Lautrec, Gustav Klimt....
- What exhibitions are good at the moment?
- Urban Life at Artspace Warehouse, Los Angeles, CA
Bluestone Fine Art Gallery, Philadelphia, PA
- Centre of the artworld:
- New York, my studio, online
Ekaterina Ermilkina's Photos
Ekaterina Ermilkina's Videos