What I've done and I'm doing...
Born in Vercelli in 1975, she attended courses for artistic glass making and manufacture at Italian highly qualified and specialized Institutes (Milan, Florence, Turin, Ravenna), where she learned various techniques, as Tiffany glass, collage, crystal engraving, crystal etching, mosaic, glass grit and glass fusing.
In 1998 she opened a skilled workshop for artistic glass making, artistic production of gift and fancy goods, manufacture of customer-made furniture and complements.
She graduated at the European Academy of Fine Arts and Media in 2007.
From 2002 to 2004 she filled the post of councillor in Arteinscacco Association – Vercelli; from 2000 she is still associated in Famija Varsleisa, under the chairmanship of Dr.Bruni.
She is also artistic coordinator for Studio Artematta, association for contemporary art divulgation and promotion over the whole Italian territory.
From 2008 she collaborates with the web site www.whipart.it as editor for the visual arts and photography areas. She writes also on other web sites, like www.teknemedia.net and www.extrart.it, and on Art Magazines like ArtKey Magazine, Con-Fine Arte&Cultura, OkArteMilano…
Among the various recognitions and awards: “Visual Arts Revelations 1999” prize in Olcenengo (VC), “Vissi d’arte 2000” silver medal prize in Casale Monferrato (AL), and the merit diploma in the “City of Novara 2001” national competition of painting and sculpture.
Since 1995 till now she has taken part in several personal and collective art exhibitions in Italy (Vercelli, Alessandria, Asti, Turin,Genoa, Milan, Novara, Cuneo) and abroad.
Among the most significant:
- national exhibition “Italian Glass Artists 2000”, Century Century Tower Hotel, Milano;
- travelling exhibition “Designing Craft Europe”, from 1999 to 2001, Turin, Clermont d’Hérault (France), Barcelona (Spain), Helsinki (Finland);
- regional competition “La Strada di Arles 2002”, Vercelli;
- national exhibition of Contemporary Sacred Art (edited by Via dei Mercati Gallery), Archiepiscopal Seminary of Vercelli, February 2002;
- collective exhibition “Woman Universe: Paths and Messages”, Milan, 2003 and 2004;
- painting competition “Felice Casorati”, Turin, June 2004;
- personal exhibition “Carla Ferraris 1995/2005”, Santa Chiara Auditorium, Vercelli, September 2005;
- exhibition “Art Helps Life”, Spazio Arte 24 Gallery (Dogliani, Cuneo), Busca (Cuneo), Turin, 2006;
- national painting competition “Saturarte 2006”, Genoa, work selected in catalogue;
- international painting competition “Artelaguna 2006”, Mogliano Veneto (TV), finalist work;
- national competition Biennale of Contemporary Art “Genovarte 2007, work selected in catalogue.