4art.com

Creative Global Network for the Visual Arts

Hey friends,

I just figured that it seems like a good idea to open a discussion on the various technical aspects of the video making.

Let's help each other make the most of our media!

Cheers,

Kika

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, the soundtrack carries into the blackness- and, in the case of the frozen final frame, the audio is as it should be, audible throughout, so it's just the final frame getting 'stuck.' (!?)
Maybe it's an uploading glitch. You could try delete and re-uploading.

[Honestly, I don't know... it's a bit like "may be computer gods be with us..." - is there a digital prayer you could invoke? :) ]
Yeah, I tried a re-upload. I even re-rendered and re-uploaded. Maybe I'll contact Ray "May the traffic gods be with us" Garraud for some Edward R. Murrowesque incantation that will help me not care so much about the final eight second glitch. Thanks Jan. Your time and thoughtfulness are appreciated and admired.
Warm wishes from sunny California!
if the quicktime looks fine on your computer, it must be a problem on artreview software. I would put something after the 8 seconds, like the credits or something, so the software would realize that the black screen is part of your video. does this make sense to you? I'm just guessing too, this is a weird thing.
xoxoKika

Marty McCutcheon said:
Yeah, I tried a re-upload. I even re-rendered and re-uploaded. Maybe I'll contact Ray "May the traffic gods be with us" Garraud for some Edward R. Murrowesque incantation that will help me not care so much about the final eight second glitch. Thanks Jan. Your time and thoughtfulness are appreciated and admired.
Warm wishes from sunny California!
Thanks, Kika. Your suggestion worked. You have the technical touch. Much appreciated!
I'm happy to help!
:)
I think we just learn with all the technical problems we have to face all the time...

Marty McCutcheon said:
Thanks, Kika. Your suggestion worked. You have the technical touch. Much appreciated!
hey everybody, just a technical question, not corpse related.
we are working on a video that involves heavy chroma keying, and have been having major problems with compression. Basically when compressing for internet it becomes quite muddy, also when converting to PAL it loses its' sharpness. I've tried just about everything i know, custom compressor settings / straight up PAL quicktime file. any suggestions?

-zachary

RSS

Members

My links

Groups

© 2020   Created by 4art Media.   Powered by

Links | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service