4art.com

Creative Global Network for the Visual Arts

RAW Berlin
by Natalie Hegert

R.A.W.
Revaler Strasse 99
10245 Berlin

In Berlin you don't have to go far to see some great graffiti murals, but one post-industrial complex that's worth checking out is in Friedrichshain on Revalerstrasse. Located in a former train reparation station (R.A.W.), this complex hosts a music hall and club called Cassiopeia, an indoor skate park and cafe, a cultural center, as well as private music studios. Walking through it you'll find some world-class graffiti including pieces by Os Gemeos and Alias, as well as encounter some of Berlin's grittiest types off to band practice or simply lurking around. Check the links for events listings.

--Natalie Hegert

(*Images: Alias, Skatehalle Mural, photos by Natalie Hegert.)

Posted by Natalie Hegert on 3/30

Views: 105

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Natalie, thanks for the suggestion. I like graffiti art, I like more the athmosphere around this...I like to find something real, the truth of people soul. II'd like so much to expose in Berlin in some group shows , how can I find some exhibits programs do you know? If you have any suggestion I thank you so much. Valentina
that sounds exiting. Been in Berlin numerous times, but have never visited R.A.W. Will remember this for my next visit.

RSS

Members

My links

Groups

© 2019   Created by 4art Media.   Powered by

Links | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service