Celeste Prize is organised by a non-profit cultural association in Italy, which has no sponsors and is entirely dependent on the goodwill and subscriptions made by artists. In return Celeste Prize distributes awards, organises a number of events, publishes catalogues, maintains an important website for artists and arts-related professionals.
Following the success of national prizes organised in Italy, the UK and Germany since 2004, we have finally been able to satisfy the many public requests to launch the first international Celeste Prize.
Celeste Prize 2009 awards 40,000 euro in 5 categories: Live Media, Video & Animation, Installation & Sculpture, Photography & Digital graphics, and Painting.
To enter Celeste Prize 2009 with a 50 euro subscription fee you:
- vote the prize money if you are a finalist
- have a chance to win financial awards and exhibit at the final in Berlin
- have a chance to exhibit at other special events
- have a personal, unlimited online space in CStudios
- will be seen by gallerists, curators, critics, collectors, and public arts administrators worldwide
- have a personalised internet address to use and link in the web
- have the chance to be included in Celeste Prize catalogues
If you submit your work to the prize, it will be seen by an important, international panel of art critics and curators
visit this page to see them http://www.celesteprize.com/selectors/
Don't hesitate to let us know what you think, and any ideas or suggestions you may have about the prize.
We look forward to hearing from you soon,
Steven Music - Founder
Roberto Baldi - Project Manager