4art.com

Creative Global Network for the Visual Arts

I tried to find a group that fit my work best and there was nothing out there for the seasoned Collage and Mixed Media artist. This group can be a collective gathering place for those that share a passion for cut and paste. Feel free to add your latest creations.

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

I am not sure about the Seasoned part but I do love to mix the strangest things. My children tell me "not another dumpster,Daddy". Well it does make the cost of supplies cheaper, but good glue and hardware are a must...

Here is an example of what I do...
Attachments:
I didn't start layering until I went back to school and took printmaking. The process lends itself to layers. When they offered a photoshop class, I started photomontage in the computer, it was great, so many options without worrying about "ruining" materials. I was on a tight budget back then so a piece of paper was gold. The I started molding objects in a sculpture class and the next thing was what I call second generation assemblage since the original pieces were not actually in the piece. Still being on a teeny budget and somewhat of a crow who likes to find shiny objects, I started collecting "trash". I just read that Kurt Schwitters and Donald L. Weismann both built new rooms and new buildings respectively, to acomodate their found supplies. I have filled a 1800 sq. ft studio and now am building a dome.
Attachments:
Hello, I just arrived and found your goup. Sounds nice tome! I´m concerned with all this stuff...would you like to have a look?

Hello!!! is there anybody?

RSS

Members

My links

Groups

© 2019   Created by 4art Media.   Powered by

Links | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service