4art.com

Creative Global Network for the Visual Arts

Please comment and add to the topic.

'Art created today will influence the social values of future generations'

Art is dependent on creativity that in turn represents the pursuit for freedom of expression, a central theme in the sphere of Human Rights. Human Rights form the cornerstone of all sustainable democracies with special emphasis on social and economic development. It is therefore of ultimate importance that humanity embraces the arts, in particular the visual form, as being central to all developmental initiatives.

Citizens in particular the children of the developing world grow up in environments devoid of any symbols or objects which communicate values associated with art. These values and rights referred to above include; creativity, freedom of expression, excellence, dignity, pride, individual rights, maturity, sustainability, inspiration and reflection. It is accordingly not surprising that children become adults without having taken moral ownership of these values.

One observes that in the absence of art, moral ownership by society of these values, human rights and democracy is unattainable, this leads to humanity itself being threatened. Without a cultural context that appreciates art, society would be subject to endemic problems in education, health, justice, environment and development.

Views: 39

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.artreview.com/video/video/show?id=1474022:Video:695466

a video in german, about the missing of all what you mentioned Jan. xxSuse
I fully agree with you. The dreamers are the saviours of the world. As the visible world is sustained by the invisible, so men, through all their rails and sins and sordid vocations, are nourished by the beautiful visions of the solitary dreamers. Humanity cannot forget its dreamers;it cannot let their ideals fade and die;it cannot let their ideals fade and die:it lives in thm: it knows them as the realities which it shall one day see and know.  I am talking about true artists here not the Kinkades of the world that the government wants to promote so they can become
Fascist which promote empty art and  good looking people with few ethics. Wake up Wake up all this end of the world BS is being 
promoted so people give up and then there is very little art that give hope some movies are great like Lawerance of Arabia, 
the Great Debators, Invictus. Get out of the mirror and the plastic surgons office all beauty comes from within anyway. And look at the 
Rockefellers and Bushes and some roality and the 3trillion + budget forcing us to go to war. 

One more thing before i go God is infinite so he of she has to talk through people in the land of the living  we are made in his image our soul which is very powerfu
Everyone has a gift from God and we know what it is let's not get this confused that we are creating this we are only the messenger  
us our gifts wisely and don't just try to make money or try to look good on TV

F--k Fascist agenda empty art and good looking people which could be empty also especially if it come through plastic surgery 
POWER TO THE PEOPLD 

Hi Sussanne, sorry but my german is non existant....

Susanne Niebruegge-Alm said:
http://www.artreview.com/video/video/show?id=1474022:Video:695466

a video in german, about the missing of all what you mentioned Jan. xxSuse

Lori Wakefield said:
I fully agree with you. The dreamers are the saviours of the world. As the visible world is sustained by the invisible, so men, through all their rails and sins and sordid vocations, are nourished by the beautiful visions of the solitary dreamers. Humanity cannot forget its dreamers;it cannot let their ideals fade and die;it cannot let their ideals fade and die:it lives in thm: it knows them as the realities which it shall one day see and know.  I am talking about true artists here not the Kinkades of the world that the government wants to promote so they can become
Fascist which promote empty art and  good looking people with few ethics. Wake up Wake up all this end of the world BS is being 
promoted so people give up and then there is very little art that give hope some movies are great like Lawerance of Arabia, 
the Great Debators, Invictus. Get out of the mirror and the plastic surgons office all beauty comes from within anyway. And look at the 
Rockefellers and Bushes and some roality and the 3trillion + budget forcing us to go to war. 

One more thing before i go God is infinite so he of she has to talk through people in the land of the living  we are made in his image our soul which is very powerfu
Everyone has a gift from God and we know what it is let's not get this confused that we are creating this we are only the messenger  
us our gifts wisely and don't just try to make money or try to look good on TV

F--k Fascist agenda empty art and good looking people which could be empty also especially if it come through plastic surgery 
POWER TO THE PEOPLD 

Hi Lori, personally I just prefer art and that what art represents and also we prefer the gods whomever they might be to just mind their own business which they probably do in anycase. People equaly can be very ugly and powerful people can be particularly ugly.....

RSS

Members

My links

Groups

© 2019   Created by 4art Media.   Powered by

Links | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service