4art.com

Creative Global Network for the Visual Arts

Often, an artist that insists on working in a non-representational manner, experiences life "abstractly." In other words, there is a core necessity to express what we see, feel, hear, etc., through the symbols that best represent our relationship with the world around us. We take in data and reconfigure it through an internal language that only others who understand this language, so to speak, can interpret. It is an intuitive sensing of life, and an outward attempt to express that internal knowing through an invented language of our own devise.

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

an abstract experience delays action which signify that the sentiment trigger processes of imagniation and contributes to aesthetical deeds /a
I find that the language of abstraction is universal. If someone feels an emotion or is moved in some way by one of my pieces, then the piece has communicated wonderfully. The only thing that I offer to viewers of my works is that which they bring themselves. Through abstraction I feel I am able to communicate things which are beyond mere language, but require all of my creative expression to evoke. In other words, words are not enough to communicate the universe to viewers, which is why I choose painting in abstraction. Abstraction allows the freedom to express aspects of the universe that defy words.

Namaste,

Abby
Yes, Abby, that's it in a nutshell - we paint abstractly (even those who also write), because words are not enough.
Yup!

I am new in this group and my english is bath so sorry but my comments will be very short. For me it is also an intuitive sensing of live. Marie-jose from Belgium
Sitting

Marie-Jose Geeraerts said:

I am new in this group and my english is bath so sorry but my comments will be very short. For me it is also an intuitive sensing of live. Marie-jose from Belgium
Are you not confusing abstraction with expressionism.
The older I get, the worst my eyesight becomes, I am rapidly seeing the world in abstract, not unlike WMN Turner and Monet. Only the stronger shapes and shades appear, I now see the movement and resonance of colour and not the definite of the whole.

RSS

Members

My links

Groups

© 2017   Created by 4art Media.   Powered by

Links | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service