4art.com

Creative Global Network for the Visual Arts

The Asialink Centre is a non-academic department of The University of Melbourne supported by the Myer Foundation and the University of Melbourne.

The Centre promotes public understanding of the countries of Asia and creates links with Asian counterparts. 

Asialink Arts has been working since 1990 to promote cultural understanding, information exchange and artistic endeavour between Australia and Asian countries. 

Through Residency Programs, Exhibition and Literary Tours, Performing Arts and Community Arts exchanges, seminars, forums and workshops, Asialink Arts enables Australians to develop their talents and experience by working in and with Asia, establishing personal contacts, on-going communication networks and further projects. 

Residency Programme: 

Asialink's Residency Program offers residencies in Visual Arts/ Craft, Performing Arts, Arts Management and Literature. Asialink is not a residency host but facilitates residencies for Australian and Asian arts workers.

Asialink's Residency Program offers residencies in Visual Arts/ Craft, Performing Arts, Arts Management and Literature. Asialink is not a residency host but facilitates residencies for Australian and Asian arts workers.

Residencies are usually of three to four months duration and each residency offers a specified amount of funding and initial contacts. Artists are generally attached to a host institution and are expected to pursue their own work as well as participate in the life of the organisation and community. This includes presenting workshops and public lectures. Every residency is different and negotiated individually.

To date Asialink Residencies have taken place in Australia, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, East Timor, The Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. 

Host countries may vary from year to year and for each art form. Host institutions may specify a preference in this area.

Residencies are open to all visual and performing artists, writers and arts managers who are Australia citizens or have permanent residency status in Australia and who have at least three years experience in their field. Residencies are advertised each July and close on the first Friday in September. .

Contact information
Asialink
 Sidney Myer Asia Centre,

University of Melbourne

3010 Melbourne

Australia

e.roberts@asialink.unimelb.edu.au

http://www.asialink.unimelb.edu.au
Phone: 61 3 9035 4921

Fax: 61 3 9347 1768

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hello...

My name is Sadat Laope,emergyng artist from Yoggyakarta Indonesia.

I'm interest to art in residency program in Australia and Asia.

I need funding!

- Sadat Laope

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

My links

Groups

© 2021   Created by 4art Media.   Powered by

Links | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service