Application deadline: 31 August 2013
The competition's aim is to promote the enrolled artist, giving them chance to join the international market of contemporary art.
This aim will be pursued by taking advantage of the opportunities that the contest offers:
- Euro 3000,00 (three thousand/00) money prize to the first selected
- Euro 1000,00 (one thousand/00) money prize to the second selected
- exhibit of the selected artworks in a exhibition space, determined by competition.
- improvement of the relationship between finalists and critics, curators, gallery owners, public and private art institutions that will have access to this important exhibition.
- maximum visibility access through the advertising campaign that will follow the competition and all its stages
- the works of selected artist will be published on "YICCA 2013" catalogue which will be distributed free of charge to the finalist and will be available for professionals and institutions invited during the inauguration of the event.
- the finalists of the competition will have the possibility to stay in city of the exhibition for free during the opening day, as well.
The are no special qualifications requiered for entry.
The contest is open to all artists or groups of artists and professionals who are at least 18 years old.
The contest is open to all artists or groups of artists and professionals from any country.
TYPOLOGY OF WORKS
All kinds of art works are accepted, including video, installations and performances.
All works will be presented by a picture or a video that must be followed by a description of the work.
All works must be available for the final exhibition and have to be artist's property.
DATES AND DEADLINES
- March 19, 2013: Beginning of subscriptions.
- August 31, 2013: Subscriptions deadline.
From August 31, 2013 24:00 the electronic subscription on the site www.yicca.org will be offline.
- September 23, 2013: Notification of winning works.
- October 12, 2013: Deadline for submission of material (text and pictures), reqiered for the publication of “YICCA 2013” catalogue.
- October 18, 2013: Deadline for application to stay in the city of the exhibition
- October 22, 2013: Deadline for receiving the selected works
- November, 2013: Exhibition - YICCA 2013
The composition of the jury will be published on the official website www.yicca.org before
the subscriptions deadline (August 31, 2013).
The jury will select 10 artists for the final exhibition.
Winners' selection will be published on www.yicca.org on September, 23 2013.
12 (twelve) artists will participate in the final exhibition.