YICCA 2013 Young International Contest of Contemporary Art
Due to several requests from a lot of artists we decided to extend the subscription term to September 12th 2013.
Payment term of the fee for all the subscriptions - including the previous ones - is postponed to September 14th 2013.
The competition's aim is to promote the enrolled artist, giving them chance to join the international market of contemporary art.
This aim will be pursued by taking advantage of the opportunities that the contest offers:
- Euro 3000,00 (three thousand/00) money prize to the first selected
- Euro 1000,00 (one thousand/00) money prize to the second selected
- exhibit of the selected artworks in a exhibition space, determined by competition.
- improvement of the relationship between finalists and critics, curators, gallery owners, public and private art institutions that will have access to this important exhibition.
- maximum visibility access through the advertising campaign that will follow the competition and all its stages
- the works of selected artist will be published on "YICCA 2013" catalogue which will be distributed free of charge to the finalist and will be available for professionals and institutions invited during the inauguration of the event.
- the finalists of the competition will have the possibility to stay in city of the exhibition for free during the opening day, as well.
12 (twelve) artists will participate in the final exhibition.
Jury's final decision will lead to a selection of 10 artists that will participate in the final exhibition, together with other two artist, selected form the OpenContest.
From the final 12 artists participating in the exhibition will be announced first and second ranked who will win a prize of 3000 (three thousand/00) and 1000 (one thousand/00) euro.
The names of those two artists will be published on the official website www.yicca.org in the last day of the exhibition.
There are three ways to subscibe an artwork to the contest:
1) Subscribers not registered in YICCA communty:
The registration form must be fill out with:
- artist name and surname, pseudonym or name of artist group
- e-mail address,
- title of work (or word "untitled"),
- brief description of the work (technique, year, features etc.- max 1500 types),
- image of the work in jpg or gif format. Video must be uploaded as picture frame type (still video) requiered for submission;
- the video have to be uploaded through vimeo.com
2) Subscriber already registered in YICCA community:
Community users can submit their artworks (already inside the communty) to the contest by clicking "ADD TO CONTEST" button placed in the upper right area inside the chosen artworks page.
3) Third parties
Third parties can submit to the contest only artworks already inside the communty by clicking "ADD TO CONTEST" button placed in the upper right area inside the chosen artworks page.