Deadline for applications: midnight on April 1st, 2013
Open Call to Artists
We are excited to announce the second annual call for submissions to photographers around the world for an opportunity to exhibit your work for one month at ViewPoint Gallery, a contemporary photography gallery located in the heart of one of Canada's most vibrant arts communities, in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The category is open for any subject. Twelve winning images will be selected from the digital entries. One winner will be exhibited each month throughout year.These images will be professionally printed, framed, exhibited and offered for sale by ViewPoint Gallery starting in June, 2013.
Your image will be professionally printed with an Epson 7900 wide format printer, on archival Premium Lustre or Enhanced Matte archival paper.
- Your image will be matted, framed and displayed as the Feature International Artist of the Month in ViewPoint Gallery.
- If your image is sold in the Gallery, you will receive the full sale price less a 15% processing fee. The price you wish to sell your image at will be determined by you.
- If your image is not sold it will be offered for sale along with our unframed print inventory. Prints will not be returned.
Your biography and artist statement will be displayed with your work and promotional costs for shows will be covered by the Gallery.
Submission Fees and Guidelines
Please fill out the attached online submission form and send it together with your images and $25 submission fee. You may submit up to 3 images for each $25 entry. You may submit more than once, but every 3 additional entries will require the form and a $25 submission fee.
- Include your name, e-mail, city, country and the email address associated with your PayPal account.
- Name your files using this format "Name_Title" then upload your image using the submission form.
- Include the title of your work on the form.
- Using Paypal, submit $25 Canadian for up to 3 images.
- The Gallery provides 3 frames with pre-cut mat openings. Your image must adhere to one of the following image size standards:12 x 18 inch at 300 ppi ; 15 x 15 inches at 300 ppi; 10 x 22 inches at 300 ppi.
- Maximum submission image dimensions: 1200 pixels on the long side; sRGB colour space; jpeg only. (If your image is accepted, you will be notified and be required to provide a full resolution file for printing. (TIFF file, ProPhoto colour space; sent via our FTP site or sent on a disk by mail to the Gallery).
- If your image is selected we will also need your Biography, Artist's Statement, website (if applicable) and contact information including name, email, phone, address.
- ViewPoint Gallery prefers an online entry. CD entries are acceptable and may be mailed to 1272 Barrington St., Halifax, NS, B3J 1Y5
- All entries must be received by midnight on April 1st, 2013. All entry fees are non-refundable.
Open to all photographers from anywhere in the world.