Regional Artists Project Grants
The United Arts Council of Greater Greensboro coordinates the Regional Artist Project grant program on behalf of a consortium of five counties: Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Randolph and Rockingham. Funding is provided by the North Carolina Arts Council and matched locally by participating counties. A limited number of grants are offered annually to residents of these counties to further their development as professional artists at any stage in their career.
Grant funds may not be used for tuition in degree programs. Eligible artistic disciplines are music (both classical and contemporary), dance, visual arts (painting, photography, sculpture and pottery), film/video, drama, and literature. Applicants must submit samples of their work and provide a narrative description of their career development plans. Grant recipients are required to sign a contract and file an evaluation at the completion of their project.
- Individual artists and small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists are eligible to apply (each member of the group of artists applying for the grant must meet all of the eligibility requirements);
- Applicants may be either emerging artists or established artists and should possess a strong record of artistic accomplishment appropriate to the stage of the applicant's career;
- The applicant must be a current resident of Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Randolph, or Rockingham county;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and not currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
- Regional Artist Project grant recipients who were awarded the grant within the last three years are not eligible to apply. For example, recipients awarded the grant in 2011, 2012 or 2013 are not eligible to apply in 2014.
- Application deadline is generally mid-November.
- Artistic Excellence
- Professional Commitment to his/her artform
- Contribution of the proposed project to the applicant's professional development
- Feasibility of the proposed project.
Application Deadline is generally mid-November.
If you would like further information on how to apply please see HERE.