The Eyes on Asia Awards are looking for images that are positive, uplifting, inspiring, sometimes funny or quirky. Images that inspire the viewer to want to travel to unique and beautiful places across Asia & Oceania; Images that make you want to pack your bag, jump on a plane and disappear to an exotic island, a mountain range, or a jungle. We want images that show us something familiar, yet with a new perspective, and give the viewer a ‘sense of place’.
The Eyes on Asia Awards does not want photojournalistic, gritty and/or troubling images. There are other contests covering those topics. We do not aim to make political statements or to focus in on the misery of others. While we look certainly for high quality photography, this is a contest that likes to celebrate travel and the beauty of life. We do not want to show the dirty and troubled side of a country, which in many cases you certainly may also find if you look for it.
The Judges are instructed not to consider images that do not qualify the above general description of an acceptable photograph. Points are deducted for subjects that do not follow the general descriptions for acceptable subjects, or for mediocre or poor execution (technical flaws, poor lighting, composition, exposure control).
The judging will be fair. We look for fresh/original material. We have chosen some of the best experts in the field bringing to this contest their decades of experience with reviewing and publishing images.
5. The Eyes on Asia Awards competition is open to all photographers both amateur and professional in their respective categories. A professional is defined as someone who makes more than US$1,000 per month on combined images sold or photography services.
6. By entering the competition you hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
7. Closing date of all entries: Entries and the entry fee must be received by midnight on 31th October 2013. This is the final deadline.
8. Before 30 June 2013, The entry fee is USD$15.00 per image for professionals and $10 for amateurs, no limit on the number of images that can be entered. After 1st July 2013 the Entry Fee is $20 per image for professionals and $15 per image for amateurs.
9. To enter, you must upload your Entry(s) at the following website: www.eyesonasiaawards.com (the 'Website'), following the on-screen instructions carefully.
10. Entrants may enter as many images as you wish (the 'Entry' or 'Entries') in the competition. Each entry must be entered into a category. Entrants may enter all their entries into one category, or any of the four Categories: People, Nature, Travel-folio and Sense of Place.
11. Entrants must upload their entries as digital files at www.www.eyesonasiaawards.com and comply with the following specifications:
• sRGB or Adobe98 colour space, 8-bit;
• Measure 1000 Pixels on the longest side;
• Be saved as a JPEG at a setting of 10 (100%) higher.
12. Winning entrants must also be able to provide a high-resolution or RAW digital file suitable for offset printing and to confirm no manipulations of the images have been made. Only minor burning, dodging and/or colour correction is acceptable, as is cropping. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are NOT acceptable. Any changes to the original photograph not itemized here are unacceptable.
13. There is no time or date restriction on when the image was taken. However, we would like to see fresh and exciting photography. Please no copies of previous awards winners.
Find out more at http://eoaawards.com/
Add a Comment