We are looking for projects that:
- Scope a new idea to address a specified need or implement new approaches that are already successfully applied in other sectors or outside the UK;
- Are relevant to our programme of work and meet one or more of the objectives in our strategic aims; please see below and on the Partnerships & Initiatives pages;
- Have a clearly articulated vision of how the work will impact beyond the project lifetime
- Address and evidence a clearly identified need
What can I apply for?
- As a guide, grants are likely to average between £10,000 and £30,000.
- Funding is given for the specific activity proposed and not for general core costs.
- Although we may occasionally give further funding for projects that are developed as a result of the R&D support, we stress that we do not guarantee continued support.
- We are open to co-funding projects but not where our contribution is a small part of a much larger budget.
- Please note that the budget allocated for unsolicited proposals is modest and we approve only a small number of projects each year.
Who can apply?
· We only accept proposals from not-for-profit organisations based in the UK or Republic of Ireland. If you are not a registered charity or a Community Interest Company, you must be able to demonstrate not-for-profit status and that your constituting document does not allow for any surplus to be distributed to members. We do not fund individuals.
· We only fund projects that take place in the UK or Republic of Ireland and directly benefit people in those countries. However, we are particularly interested in proposals that may also involve international partners or that emulate good practice in other countries.
For more information on how and when to apply see:
The foundation supports original projects, particularly those which take place outside London. Their arts funding programme is mainly for professional arts organisations or professional artists working in partnerships or groups. Arts Council